Not initially. Students must be within commuting distance of the school for at least the first year of Fundamentals. Specialization can be done remotely. We do this because our program is intentionally designed to equip students with soft, social and professional skills in addition to technical; the only way we can do this much development in a short time period is with immersive collaboration.
Articles in this section
- What specializations do you offer?
- What is the curriculum like for specialization?
- How flexible or difficult is the program for someone with kids or similar responsibilities?
- Does the Specialization year have any mandatory days, you it be done remotely?
- What are the most active hours of the Day at the school on any given day?
- What does a typical day at Holberton look like?
- What are Peer Learning Days?
- How does Holberton handle ‘teaching’ soft skills?
- As Holberton scales, how does it plan to maintain the current community and culture?
- I know this school doesn’t have any teachers or classes, but what happens when I’m totally lost and need some help?